The Lake Blackshear Regional Library in Americus, GA is seeking a full time Outreach Coordinator. Salary range $10 - $12/hour dependent upon experience and qualifications. This full-time position is eligible for benefits including paid leave, health insurance, and retirement.
Minimum requirements are a Bachelor’s Degree, or a high school diploma with at least one year of public library experience.
- Develop outreach activities to promote library programming (in-person and
- online), resources and services. Promote new and existing library resources and
- services in person and through print, web and other media.
- Work with staff in planning and implementing special projects involving patron
- service and outreach.
- Deliver books to the homebound.
- Develop and coordinate programs.
- Assist patrons with library needs. Provide quick reference, detailed research and
- reader’s advisory assistance. Explain policies and procedures to the public. Work
- public service desk as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without
- reasonable accommodation
- Knowledge of a variety of hardware and software as well as Internet services
- Ability to use computers and to utilize computer databases
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with presenting to groups and teaching classes
- Ability to conduct oneself with tact and courtesy
- Frequently LIFT up to 25 lbs.
- Must possess a valid, clean driver’s license.
Applications are available HERE or at any Lake Blackshear Regional Library System location. Applications must be received by 6:00pm on Monday, April 12, 2021.